Pass value to new page, insert to SQL DB

jenileo

My set up:

Issue Tracking App
Summary Page:
1. Drop Down bound to Table A LogID for user selection.
2. Upon drop down selection, DetailsView exposes Table A records, read
only and a Grid exposes records for Table B based on Log ID read-only.
3. DetailsView has a hyperlink control that when clicked will open a
new page, not associated with DetailsView, just a link, to add records
to Table B using FormView. LogID is passed to LogID textbox using
request.querystring

Table A: Logged issue with intial information: LogID, Date, User,
status, priority, etc.
Table B: Notes added to issue to update status, assigned to, priority,
etc.
Table A and Table B are joined with LogID

My issue:
When user fills out the page with formview the LogId is not captured in
the insert. It is successfully passed from the previous page to the
correct control. It is inserted as a null value into my table. I have
seen this issue with Gridview posted, but I"m not seeing the logic for
Formview. I am a beginner so maybe I need a step by step. I would also
like the field to be read-only. If anyone can help, it would be very
much appreciated. I am open to a different method as well, it does not
have to be request.querystring, if there is something better.

Thanks!!