    what machanism should I use?
    thanks,

    wh

    pipi, Jul 21, 2003

  2. On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:40:05 -0400, "pipi" <> wrote:

    > Can I pass data between a java program and a C program on the same machine?
    > what machanism should I use?
    > thanks,

    As folks have told you previously, there are several ways to
    do this depending on what you need and exactly what form this
    C program takes.

    1. JNI. THis allows you to write C/C++ code that can be called
    directly from your Java code. See the JDK docs and Sun
    Tutorial for further info.

    2. CORBA. Put a CORBA interface on your C and program and use
    the CORBA classes in Java to talk to it.

    3. Sockets. Use network sockets to talk from one program to
    the other.

    4. Files. Write info into a file from one program and have the
    other one read it.

    Without more info as to exactly what you want to do, there's
    not much more we can do to suggest possible approaches.

    --Joe

    Joseph Millar, Jul 21, 2003