    Since the files are on the same server, you would think that I would
    not have a problem doing this.

    Thanks

    oracle, Apr 22, 2005

  2. oracle

    Michael Berg Guest

    Hi,

    > My problem is now I need to access files from the other modules. Is

    You should not find any difficulty in using File() to access files on the
    server. You may find it a bit tricky to synchronize access to the files -
    make sure you always open the files in exclusive mode.

    > their a way to get access to these files, or copy them into my module.
    > Since the files are on the same server, you would think that I would
    > not have a problem doing this.

    A more conventional way would be to dispense of the file idea altogether and
    use static class members to anchor the shared information. Assuming all the
    modules share the same jvm in the first place this would probably be a more
    elegant and certainly more efficient solution.

    /Michael
    www.hyperpal.com
    www.bergconsult.com

    Michael Berg, Apr 22, 2005