Passing Files between Server Modules

oracle

I have developed a Server module using Java Struts that is only one
part of a server application. My modules is completely independent of
the other parts that make up the server.

http://hostname:8080/myModule
http://hostname:8080/hisModule
http://hostname:8080/herModule

My problem is now I need to access files from the other modules. Is
their a way to get access to these files, or copy them into my module.
Since the files are on the same server, you would think that I would
not have a problem doing this.

Thanks

Michael Berg

Hi,
My problem is now I need to access files from the other modules. Is

You should not find any difficulty in using File() to access files on the
server. You may find it a bit tricky to synchronize access to the files -
make sure you always open the files in exclusive mode.
their a way to get access to these files, or copy them into my module.
Since the files are on the same server, you would think that I would
not have a problem doing this.

A more conventional way would be to dispense of the file idea altogether and
use static class members to anchor the shared information. Assuming all the
modules share the same jvm in the first place this would probably be a more
elegant and certainly more efficient solution.

/Michael
www.hyperpal.com
www.bergconsult.com