Passing information to a new window in .NET

vinojairath

Hi,

This is my first-time posting, so apologies if format etc. is not
correct.

I have a my.aspx page containing fields that have been manually
populated (e.g. a textbox). With a click of a button I want another
my.apsx window to open populated with the same information.

I found the following Javascript to open a new window:

<script type="text/javascript">
function openwindow(ipt)
{

window.open(ipt,"new_window","­toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,copyhistory=yes,width=400,height=400,top=0,eft=0");

}
</script>

onclick="javascript:eek:penwindow('my.aspx')"

But I do I pass the information from one page to the other?

Thanks, V.

SCDeveloper

Add the parameters to the onclick line.

For examples, two parameters, ID and test, are passed to the page.

onclick="javascript:eek:penwindow­('my.aspx?ID=123&test=yes')"
or
onclick="javascript:eek:penwindow­('my.aspx?ID=" + ID.value + "&test="+
test.value + "')"

SCDeveloper
http://www.sharingcorner.com