passing values JavaScript/VBScript

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by aljamala@gmail.com, Oct 23, 2006.

    I have a page, which adds on a value to the query string on the client
    side before redirecting the user...

    function popcalc( url, pagename, w, h) {
    var urllink = url + "famount=" + document.form1.finance_total.value;
    popup(urllink, pagename, w, h);
    }

    function popup( url, pagename, w, h) {
    var pupwindow = null;
    toptions =
    "menubar=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,status=no,copyhistory=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,width="
    + w + ",height=" + h;
    pupwindow = window.open( url, pagename, toptions);
    if (pupwindow != null) {
    if (pupwindow.opener == null) {
    pupwindow.opener = self;
    }
    //pupwindow.location.href = url;

    My task is encrypt the query string, through the use of a VBScript
    function on the server side. So, I have tried finding a work around to
    this problem. I've tried using cookies, but I do not get the same
    behaviour with the popup window.

    Thanks for your help.
    , Oct 23, 2006