Passing values to javascript from asp.net

Sobin Thomas

Hi All....
I have a variable "myVar" in my javascript.I want to set its value as a C#
property whose value is set at run time..
How can I do this?
Thanks in advance....

Milosz Skalecki [MCAD]

Hi Sobin,

Two ways:
1.
-- c# code
public string MyProperty
{
get
{
return "Whatever" + DateTime.Now.ToString();

-- aspx code
<script type="text/javascript">
var myVar = '<%=MyProperty%>';
alert(myVar);
</script>

2.
protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
const string ScriptKey = "testScript";

if (!ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered(this.GetType(), ScriptKey))
{
string script = String.Format("var myVar = '{0}'", MyProperty);
ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), ScriptKey, script,
true);

public string MyProperty
{
get
{
return "Whatever" + DateTime.Now.ToString();

HTH