Passing values to web forms

Rico Singleton

I currently have an asp page that contains a simple form and a few
hidden fields. One of those hidden fields retrieves a value passed in
when a link is clicked that passes a value (i.e
http://www.somewhere.com/contact.asp?52 )

The code works fine on as an asp page on IIS 5.5 however, in trying to
migrate the pages on to IIS 6.0 with .NET Framework enabled, I get a
Runtime error everytime this value " " is used.

The current code that works is this (header)

<%@ Language="vbscript"%>
<% Response.Buffer = True %>
<%
dim passthru
passthru = Request.Querystring("value")
%>

Then in the form

<form method="POST" action="contact_send.asp">
<input type="HIDDEN" name="i" value="<%=passthru%>">

The error occurs when I attempt to use <%=passthru%> as the value for
'i'. When I remove that value, the page renders, however obviously I
can't pass a value into the page now, which is used in a case statement
to decide proper processing.

Does anyone know why this would work on IIS 5.5 and not on IIS 6.0 with
.NET. What can I change or correct in order to provide the ability of
passing a numeric value (i.e http://www.somewhere.com/contact.asp?52 )
into a wep form which then gets sent to another .asp page for processing

THanks