    Thanks,
    Simon.

    PS: Using Visual Studio.Net 2003.

    Simon Harris, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Simon Harris

    bruce barker Guest

    copy the dll (and all dll's it references) to the bin folder of the
    webservice

    bruce barker, Dec 24, 2004

  3. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    Thanks Bruce - Do I have to do this for each webservice/project? I was
    hoping there would be a way of only storing the DLL once on the server???

    Simon Harris, Dec 24, 2004
  4. That is the easiest. The other would be to install the assembly in the GAC.

    When you reference an assembly in VS.NET, the IDE actually make a copy of
    the assembly and places it in the bin folder. If you look at all your
    webservice that are local, you should have a copy of your assembly in each.
    This is just how things work and may require some configuration management
    on your part to ensure that the versions do not get out of synch.

    Peter Rilling, Dec 24, 2004
  5. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    Thanks for the replies guys.

    I was talking to a friend yesterday who recommened this setup:

    /root/bin <-- Store all 'common' libraries here

    /root/appname/bin <-- Store app specific libraries here

    I'm yet to try this, if it does work, then great! Only 1 copy of the common
    code library to manage! Other wise, I'll look into using the GAC.

    Best Regards,
    Simon.

    Simon Harris, Dec 25, 2004
  6. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    I tried as mentioned in my previous post, and it works a treat.

    Heres how I've set my site up:

    /aspnetapplications/ <- Setup as an application in IIS

    /aspnetapplications/bin <- Contains all DLLs for all apps, plus any shared
    stuff

    /netapplications/app1
    /netapplications/app2
    /netapplications/app3....and so on

    Only one place to update the code - Seems to work well! :)

    Simon Harris, Jan 4, 2005