Path

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jim McGivney, Sep 3, 2007.

  1. Jim McGivney

    Jim McGivney Guest

    I have two paths defined in my web.config
    <appSettings>
    <add key="UploadString" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Bobo\My
    Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\Bebe\Graphics\" />
    <add key="ImageString" value="~/Graphics/"/>
    </appSettings>

    If I use the UploadString to upload a file and then the ImageString to
    display the file, all goes well.

    If I try to upload a file using the ImageString I get an error stating I
    need a full path.

    If I try to display a graphic using the UploadString I get a message that
    the file is not found.

    What's going on here, I must not understand paths in .net.

    Also, why does one string use / (slashes) while the other demands \
    (backslashes)

    Thanks in advance for your help,

    Jim

    Jim McGivney, Sep 3, 2007