    I want to make a checker pattern inside a table that auto streches but i
    dont want to use an image if I can

    Any help would be great

    PParker, Jun 11, 2006

  2. PParker wrote:
    > Does anyone know if its possible to make a pattern with html or css?
    > I want to make a checker pattern inside a table that auto streches but i
    > dont want to use an image if I can
    >
    > Any help would be great

    Do you mean within one cell or to alternate the backgrounds of cells to
    create the pattern?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 11, 2006

  3. PParker

    PParker Guest

    I meant within 1 cell but if there is another way id be interested

    PParker, Jun 11, 2006
  4. PParker

    ironcorona Guest

    PParker wrote:
    > Does anyone know if its possible to make a pattern with html or css?
    > I want to make a checker pattern inside a table that auto streches but i
    > dont want to use an image if I can
    >
    > Any help would be great

    Someone did something like this with a chess board. I have a feeling
    that it was with pure CSS [no tables]. It's someone who is a regular on
    this group. Try checking out the google group archives.

    --
    Brian O'Connor (ironcorona)

    ironcorona, Jun 11, 2006
  5. PParker

    PParker Guest

    Yes i looked everywhere and cant find anything
    I have tried with coloring every second table but it distorts when i scale
    page

    PParker, Jun 11, 2006
  6. PParker wrote:
    > I meant within 1 cell but if there is another way id be interested

    You could use CSS, but would require a bitmap image. Defining a
    collection of block elements with different background colors and then
    positioning another layer on top would be horribly complicated, require
    lots of markup and maybe far more bytes then a bitmap

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 11, 2006
  7. PParker

    Toby Inkster Guest

    ironcorona wrote:

    > Someone did something like this with a chess board. I have a feeling
    > that it was with pure CSS [no tables].

    I did this <http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/checkers> which was just a
    silly response to someone who asked for a CSS (syntax) checker.

    A little while later I also made a chessboard thingy, which is somewhat
    cooler, but most certainly uses images:
    http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/chess/

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jun 11, 2006
  8. PParker

    dorayme Guest

    In article <448c19c0$>,
    "PParker" <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know if its possible to make a pattern with html or css?
    > I want to make a checker pattern inside a table that auto streches but i
    > dont want to use an image if I can
    >
    > Any help would be great

    What exactly do you want to do? Make a chess or draughts board
    with 64 squares? Is it limited this way? If so, surely that would
    just mean specifying background colour for things: a background
    colour to the whole table overridden by another colour as
    background for other classed cells. Size would not come into it.

    [A man who had spent 16 years in a mental hospital taught me to
    play a reasonable game of draughts, he had met a draughts
    champion in there and had learnt from him. He was not so hot at
    chess but geez he was almost impossible to beat at draughts.
    Maybe called checkers in US]

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jun 12, 2006
  9. PParker

    PParker Guest

    No what I wanted to do it
    say you have a page with a table and your content is set inside that table
    at say 800 pixels
    then on the sides of that table you have another table that you use 100% of
    space by say 20 pixels high and inside that table have a checker pattern
    that goes as far as you stretch the page all without putting in a gf or jpg

    PParker, Jun 12, 2006