pausing a process from java

zubairkhan

hi

i have a task in which i have to run a exe(simulation programme) from
java. using following code:

try {
suzrt = Runtime.getRuntime();
suzproc = suzrt.exec("cmd /C start suzana test");
} catch (java.io.IOException exception) {
System.out.println("Exception!");
}

now this exe will be a new process outside java, i need to pause it for
few seconds and resume it back.

i allready tried to pause the exe using several windows tools.
but the main requiremet of the task is that it shall run on diffrent
platforms like windows and linux).

how can i do this ?? any one has and idea abt this. help me.

dar7yl

zubairkhan said:
hi

i have a task in which i have to run a exe(simulation programme) from
java. using following code:

try {
suzrt = Runtime.getRuntime();
suzproc = suzrt.exec("cmd /C start suzana test");
} catch (java.io.IOException exception) {
System.out.println("Exception!");
}

now this exe will be a new process outside java, i need to pause it for
few seconds and resume it back.

i allready tried to pause the exe using several windows tools.
but the main requiremet of the task is that it shall run on diffrent
platforms like windows and linux).

how can i do this ?? any one has and idea abt this. help me.

How about creating a socket (UDP?) between the two processes,
and sending command messages between them. A bit of overkill,
but it could get the job done.

regards,
Dar7yl