  1. Guest

    How to play wav files through the internal speaker?
    , Oct 7, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

    You need to install a particular driver and then do it as you would with
    any other speaker. BTW, do you have a C or a C++ *language* question?

    Victor Bazarov, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Flash Gordon Guest

    wrote:
    > How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

    Standard C knows nothing about wav files and at most how to make some
    systems do some form of beep (by printing a bell to standard output). I
    can't be bothered to look up whether the C standard defines the escape
    sequence for the bell character, so even that may not be part of the
    standard.

    Try asking in a group dedicated to your system, but check the FAQ and a
    few days postings on the group you select first.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Oct 7, 2005
  4. red floyd Guest

    Flash Gordon wrote:
    > can't be bothered to look up whether the C standard defines the escape
    > sequence for the bell character, so even that may not be part of the
    > standard.

    I believe it's '\a'.
    red floyd, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Dale Guest

    wrote in news:1128693336.382472.179890
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

    Google. Use it.
    Dale, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Mike Wahler Guest

    "Flash Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> How to play wav files through the internal speaker?

    > Standard C knows nothing about wav files and at most how to make some
    > systems do some form of beep (by printing a bell to standard output). I
    > can't be bothered to look up whether the C standard defines the escape
    > sequence for the bell character, so even that may not be part of the
    > standard.

    C (and C++) define an escape sequence '\a' which
    means 'alert'. Which may or may not manifest itself
    as an audible signal. Depends upon the implementation
    and platform.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 7, 2005