    function.
    These function aren't present in pcapy module. Do you got any suggestion to
    avoid this problem?
    billiejoex, Sep 12, 2005

  2. billiejoex

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:02:31 +0200, billiejoex <> wrote:
    > Hi all. I noticed that with the original pcap sniffing library it is
    > possible to listen on multiple devices by using "select()" or "poll()"
    > function.

    Yes; you can ask pcap for the file descriptor which corresponds to your
    sniffed device. That works at least on Unixes.

    (There is also the 'any' pseudo-interface, if you are on Linux (and other
    Unixes?). You get to listen /everywhere/ in one session.)

    > These function aren't present in pcapy module. Do you got any suggestion to
    > avoid this problem?

    Modify pcapy so you can get the file descriptor from it. Pcapy is great, but
    it doesn't expose libpcap literally. Maybe the original authors had no use
    for getfd().

    I've been meaning to write The Pcap Bindings To End All Pcap Bindings for
    almost a year now, but I never seem to get around to it ;-)

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@ Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    \X/ algonet.se> R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
    Jorgen Grahn, Sep 17, 2005