pdf to HTML conversion program?

Cliff R.

Hi, can anyone recommend a good program that converts PDF files to
HTML? I've tried one called PDF to HTML Converter Pro but the code it
creates isn't what I'm looking for. I really just need it to convert
to basic HTML keeping bold, itals, paragraph breaks, etc., NOT styled
text so the line breaks are exactly the same, etc. In this one, every
single line has this sort of code at the beginning: <div
id="_506:9699" style="position:absolute;top:9699;left:506"><span
id="_11" style="font-size:11px;font-family:Helvetica;color=#000000">
etc. so the code is huge and unnecessarily complicated.

Any ideas of what to use to create clean, basic HTML of mostly
text-based PDF's?

Thanks.

Toby A Inkster

Cliff said:
Any ideas of what to use to create clean, basic HTML of mostly
text-based PDF's?

I dunno about that, but I can go one step better. Ghostscript includes a
tool "ps2ascii" that can convert PDF and Postscript files to plain text.

Leif K-Brooks

Terry said:
tsk... and he asked so politely too!

It's what I would do. PDF is a (mostly?) presentational format, HTML is
structural. Anything short of true AI won't be able to convert them well.