pep 3108

Daniel Fetchinson

Hi Brett,

I've just looked through pep 3108 and since Raymond Hettinger
suggested contacting you if we "have issues with it", here it goes:

I don't think it would be a great idea to move tkinter from the core
to a third party library because once that happens we can no longer
assume that any GUI library is present on a box with python installed.
Of course it's not a big deal to install an extra package but when it
comes to distribution customers/friends/family/etc are forced to
install the third party package too and that is beyond the control of
the developer (are they willing to do it? are they able to do it? do
they think it's a hassle?).

I've brought up the issue on c.l.p and people seem to agree, please
see the thread for additional detail:

http://tinyurl.com/2v4mh3

Cheers,
Daniel