    location.
    Thanks
    , May 9, 2006

    Thanks Jim...but looks like it is for unix.I am looking for windows
    download.

    Jim Gibson wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > I am looking for Perl 5.5.3 download. Can anyone pls point me to right
    > > location.

    > Did you look on CPAN? I did and found:
    >
    > http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/CPAN/src/
    >
    > which has perl5.005_03.tar.gz

    > http://www.usenet.com
    , May 16, 2006

  3. Paul Lalli Guest

    [Please do not top-post. Postings rearranged to sensible order]

    wrote:
    > Jim Gibson wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > <> wrote:
    > > > I am looking for Perl 5.5.3 download. Can anyone pls point me to right
    > > > location.

    > > Did you look on CPAN? I did and found:
    > >
    > > http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/CPAN/src/
    > >
    > > which has perl5.005_03.tar.gz

    > Thanks Jim...but looks like it is for unix.I am looking for windows
    > download.

    How, exactly, does it "look" to be only for unix? Did you even
    download the archive and look inside it? There is no difference
    between source files for unix or for windows. Indeed, that archive
    contains an entire "win32" directory.

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, May 16, 2006
  4. [ Please do not post in reverse-time order. Text rearranged into
    a sensible order, where what was said first comes first.
    ]

    <> wrote:
    > Jim Gibson wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> > I am looking for Perl 5.5.3 download.

    >> Did you look on CPAN? I did and found:
    >>
    >> http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/CPAN/src/
    >>
    >> which has perl5.005_03.tar.gz

    > but looks like it is for unix

    ^^^^^^^^^^

    What did you see to make it "look like" that?

    Source code is source code, you compile it for whatever platform
    you need it for.

    Are you a programmer?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, May 16, 2006
  5. Bart Lateur Guest

    wrote:

    >Thanks Jim...but looks like it is for unix.I am looking for windows
    >download.

    You haven't tried very hard, have you? If you just use the numbering as
    it was in use before perl 5.6, namely 5.005_03, and Googled for that +
    Windows,

    <http://www.google.com/search?q=perl+5.005_03+windows>

    then yo ucan find this pagfe in one of the first results:

    <http://guest.engelschall.com/~sb/download/win32/>

    There you have it. Several packages for downloads of binaries for
    Windows, of perl 5.005_03.

    For further info, read the readme.txt file on that page.

    --
    Bart.
    Bart Lateur, May 17, 2006