Perl 5.5.3

simmaneni

Hello,
I am looking for Perl 5.5.3 download. Can anyone pls point me to right
location.
Thanks

Paul Lalli

[Please do not top-post. Postings rearranged to sensible order]

Thanks Jim...but looks like it is for unix.I am looking for windows
download.

How, exactly, does it "look" to be only for unix? Did you even
download the archive and look inside it? There is no difference
between source files for unix or for windows. Indeed, that archive
contains an entire "win32" directory.

Paul Lalli

Tad McClellan

[ Please do not post in reverse-time order. Text rearranged into
a sensible order, where what was said first comes first.
]

but looks like it is for unix
^^^^^^^^^^

What did you see to make it "look like" that?

Source code is source code, you compile it for whatever platform
you need it for.

Are you a programmer?

Bart Lateur

Thanks Jim...but looks like it is for unix.I am looking for windows
download.

You haven't tried very hard, have you? If you just use the numbering as
it was in use before perl 5.6, namely 5.005_03, and Googled for that +
Windows,

<http://www.google.com/search?q=perl+5.005_03+windows>

then yo ucan find this pagfe in one of the first results:

<http://guest.engelschall.com/~sb/download/win32/>

There you have it. Several packages for downloads of binaries for
Windows, of perl 5.005_03.

For further info, read the readme.txt file on that page.