perl 5.8.8 with Template::Cache error

danparker276

We have installed perl 5.8.8 with Template module (installed/tested
without a glitch) and Template::Cache (installed with force: failed
test). Now whenever we use:

use Template::Cache;
we get:

"cache" is not defined in %Template::Constants::EXPORT_TAGS at /usr/
local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux/Template/Constants.pm
line 31

Can't continue after import errors at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/
5.8.8/Template/Cache.pm line 31

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/
5.8.8/Template/Cache.pm line 31.

As far as I can see cache exists in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/
5.8.8/Template/Constants.pm (v. 1.14 of Constants.pm) but not in /usr/
local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux/Template/Constants.pm (v
2.74 of Constants.pm).

The latter version installed with the Template library, while the
first one seems to have come with Template::Cache. How do we fix this
version discrepancy? We need both Template and Template::Cache
installed.

Thanks-

Cindy