Perl and PHP

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Gary, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    We often generate WEB pages using Perl, but this problem involves php.

    It seems that when Perl generates the page all php tags are not parsed ?

    I think I read somewhere that is what is supposed to happen ?

    Problem.
    We want to give users an ADSL checker so they enter a phone number into a
    form and press check.

    This generates a URL (including the phone#) that we request from the telco
    (BT in this cae) who return the results in XML.

    So this is easy . After the wget or whatever in perl to the telco URL we
    have an XML file on disk with the results and then starts the problem.
    Normally I would have perl parse the XML and generate the page, but this
    will not work due to the php limitation.

    So how do I get the xml back into my html for use in the next stage like a
    message that says 'line check was good - click here to order' ,and pass the
    phone# to the order sscreen.

    Any pointers greatly appreciated

    Gary

    Gary, Oct 6, 2004