Perl faq and posted to newsgroup but not to perldoc.com

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Upstart, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Upstart

    Upstart Guest

    Hi

    I found the following faq useful after searching google:

    FAQ: How do I use MIME to make an attachment to a mail message?

    It talks about MIME::Lite and how to use it. My problem is that this
    faq is not on perldoc.com; and the email faq does not have a link for
    the source. After looking around, I found it on www.cpan.org.
    Question/request:

    - Why does the perldoc.com site and the cpan.org site differ?

    - in the netnews, maybe include a link to the webpage that has the
    source? Maybe it does, but google does not pick it up.

    JIM

    Upstart, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Upstart <> wrote:

    > I found the following faq useful after searching google:

    Why search google when it is already on your very own hard disk?

    perldoc -q MIME

    > FAQ: How do I use MIME to make an attachment to a mail message?
    >
    > My problem is that this
    > faq is not on perldoc.com

    No, the problem is that you are looking on the 'net instead of
    looking at the docs that you installed along with perl itself. :)

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Aug 11, 2003