    single EXE ?

    Magne

    , Mar 28, 2007

  2. wrote:
    [snip]

    > not what I am looking for. Alternatively, is there any alternative
    > "compilers" that truly compiles absolutely all needed files into a
    > single EXE ?

    Yes PAR do it also. Use pp.bat to compile the .pl script and the used
    modules. The documentation can be found under /perl/html/bin/pp.html

    regards,
    Reinhard

    --
    PM Mails an rpirpag <at> gmx dot at

    Reinhard Pagitsch, Mar 28, 2007

    On Mar 28, 1:04 pm, Reinhard Pagitsch <> wrote:
    > > Alternatively, is there any alternative
    > > "compilers" that truly compiles absolutely all needed files into a
    > > single EXE ?

    > Yes PAR do it also. Use pp.bat to compile the .pl script and the used
    > modules. The documentation can be found under /perl/html/bin/pp.html

    In my win install there are no pp.bat nor pp.html...
    Still, what I've seen from par is a single EXE that when run extracts
    a complete perl environment and all files and sundirs to a temp area,
    which is the opposite of what I am looking for... :(

    Magne

    , Mar 29, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > On Mar 28, 1:04 pm, Reinhard Pagitsch <> wrote:
    >> > Alternatively, is there any alternative
    >> > "compilers" that truly compiles absolutely all needed files into a
    >> > single EXE ?

    >> Yes PAR do it also. Use pp.bat to compile the .pl script and the used
    >> modules. The documentation can be found under /perl/html/bin/pp.html
    >>

    > In my win install there are no pp.bat nor pp.html...
    > Still, what I've seen from par is a single EXE that when run extracts
    > a complete perl environment and all files and sundirs to a temp area,
    > which is the opposite of what I am looking for... :(

    Hmm, pp.bat is part of the PP module, install the PP module and you have
    the pp.bat. On Windows there will be also a single EXE file but there
    will be no extraction of the perl environment to a temp file.
    Take a look: http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/module/pp.
    I am satisfied with the Perl Packager. I use the exe files on servers
    where no Perl is installed.
    An other option would be perl2exe from http://www.indigostar.com/, but
    it is not free. You can download a trial version to show how it works.

    Reinhard

    --
    PM Mails an rpirpag <at> gmx dot at

    Reinhard Pagitsch, Mar 29, 2007

    On Mar 29, 9:20 am, Reinhard Pagitsch <> wrote:
    > wrote:

    > >> Yes PAR do it also. Use pp.bat to compile the .pl script and the used
    > >> modules. The documentation can be found under /perl/html/bin/pp.html

    > > In my win install there are no pp.bat nor pp.html...
    > > Still, what I've seen from par is a single EXE that when run extracts
    > > a complete perl environment and all files and sundirs to a temp area,
    > > which is the opposite of what I am looking for... :(

    > Hmm, pp.bat is part of the PP module, install the PP module and you have
    > the pp.bat. On Windows there will be also a single EXE file but there
    > will be no extraction of the perl environment to a temp file.
    > Take a look:http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/module/pp.
    > I am satisfied with the Perl Packager. I use the exe files on servers
    > where no Perl is installed.
    > An other option would be perl2exe fromhttp://www.indigostar.com/, but
    > it is not free. You can download a trial version to show how it works.
    >
    > Reinhard
    >
    > --
    > PM Mails an rpirpag <at> gmx dot at

    Great, getting closer....

    ref: http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/PAR-Packer/pp.html#Stand_alone_setup
    so - running pp without "--dependent" and with "--gui" is meant to
    produce a single win.exe that does not recreate the perl environment
    in the temp dir, and also without a win console window ?

    Thanks,
    Magne

    , Mar 29, 2007
  6. Michele Dondi wrote:
    > On 29 Mar 2007 00:47:40 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>ref: http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/PAR-Packer/pp.html#Stand_alone_setup
    >>so - running pp without "--dependent" and with "--gui" is meant to
    >>produce a single win.exe that does not recreate the perl environment
    >>in the temp dir, and also without a win console window ?

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > Once you have your .exe, you can operate on it with AS's exetype.
    >
    > exetype foo.exe WINDOWS

    Great, that I did not know. I will keep it in mind.
    Thanks to the authors of PAR and pp.

    regards,
    Reinhard

    --
    PM Mails an rpirpag <at> gmx dot at

    Reinhard Pagitsch, Mar 29, 2007

    On Mar 29, 10:24 am, Michele Dondi <> wrote:
    > On 29 Mar 2007 00:47:40 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > >ref:http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/PAR-Packer/pp.html#Stand_alone_setup
    > >so - running pp without "--dependent" and with "--gui" is meant to
    > >produce a single win.exe that does not recreate the perl environment
    > >in the temp dir, and also without a win console window ?

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > Once you have your .exe, you can operate on it with AS's exetype.
    >
    > exetype foo.exe WINDOWS
    >
    > should do.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Michele

    sorry - it still recreates a complete perl subdir structure and more
    in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp\par-UserName
    (\inc\lib ++ subdirs and \sript with .pl files)

    perl2exe-8.80-Win32 OTOH seems to do it without these things...
    so I guess I'll have to trace that route. ($$, but that's OK)

    Thanks to all!
    Magne

    , Mar 29, 2007