Perl search string

Claudio Palmeri

Hi all,

I'm newbie to Perl, and if it possible i'm searching for a simple
program that reads strings from one file and search it into another
and if it's found it will be write into a third one.

Thank you

Best Regards

Claudio

Jürgen Exner

Claudio Palmeri said:
I'm newbie to Perl, and if it possible i'm searching for a simple
program that reads strings from one file

perldoc -f open
perldoc -f readline
and search it into another

perldoc -f open
perldoc -f readline
perldoc -f grep
perldoc perlop and look for the m operator
and if it's found it will be write into a third one.

perldoc -f open
perldoc -f print

jue

Justin C

Hi all,

I'm newbie to Perl, and if it possible i'm searching for a simple
program that reads strings from one file and search it into another
and if it's found it will be write into a third one.

You won't find programs here, you write them yourself and ask for help
if it doesn't work as you expect.

The following documentation might be useful:
perldoc -f open
perldoc perlre

Please read the Posting Guidlines, posted here from time to time, they
can be viewed here: <URL:http://bit.ly/ydPryC>

Justin.

Dr.Ruud

I'm newbie to Perl, and if it possible i'm searching for a simple
program that reads strings from one file and search it into another
and if it's found it will be write into a third one.

See also grep(1), that mentions -f FILE.