    program that stays around after the first program ends its execution.

    Thank you,
    Christopher Lusardi

    Christopher M. Lusardi, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Christopher M. Lusardi

    Bob Walton Guest

    Christopher M. Lusardi wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > What are some simple ways to run a perl script from an initial c program
    > which starts another C program that stays around after the first program goes
    > away? Perl starts the second C program.
    >
    > I've tried using "system ('executable'), but when the first program is
    > stopped the second stops without my intervention. What I want to be able to do
    > is run my first program that starts the perl script which starts another
    > program that stays around after the first program ends its execution.
    >

    > Thank you,
    > Christopher Lusardi

    Your question isn't really a Perl question, but rather an OS question --
    the answer will be the same if it were another language that is kicking
    off your executables -- hence it is off-topic here. And the answer will
    depend on your OS. What is it?

    --
    Bob Walton

    Bob Walton, Oct 18, 2003

  3. My operating system is Red Hat Linux.

    Christopher M. Lusardi, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Re: Perl 'system' Creates Program That Dies When First C ProgramDies

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Christopher M. Lusardi blurted out:

    > My operating system is Red Hat Linux.

    Your posting style is TOFU.

    Alan J. Flavell, Oct 19, 2003