    running in the admin account is fine. Any help would be deeply
    appreciated.

    chagin1 at yahoo dot com
    Full Name, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Full Name

    VK Guest

    Full Name wrote:
    > I have installed and uninstalled the java runtime engine several times.

    So is your problem about JavaScript or Java?
    <http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ2_2>

    ....unless you have a problem of communication between JavaScript and a
    Java applet.
    VK, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Chagin1,

    Have you tried searching Microsoft's Knowledgebase:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;KBHOWTO - or
    calling MS directly? Seems like a Windows-specific issue and probably
    unrelated to Javascript.

    You might also hit up the people who participate in this site...
    they're experts on running Windows as a non-Administrator.
    http://nonadmin.editme.com/

    For what it's worth... the Java Runtime has nothing to do with
    Javascript. Java and Javascript are completely different things and are
    only symantically related.

    Cheers,
    Matt
    --
    EditMe - Edit your web.
    http://www.editme.com
    Matt - EditMe.com, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Full Name

    Full Name Guest

    In article <1132615978.949689.44770
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > Chagin1,
    >
    > Have you tried searching Microsoft's Knowledgebase:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;KBHOWTO - or
    > calling MS directly? Seems like a Windows-specific issue and probably
    > unrelated to Javascript.

    Calling htem costs $35, and the KB has nothing that I could find

    > You might also hit up the people who participate in this site...
    > they're experts on running Windows as a non-Administrator.
    > http://nonadmin.editme.com/

    OK, thanks.

    > For what it's worth... the Java Runtime has nothing to do with
    > Javascript. Java and Javascript are completely different things and are
    > only symantically related.

    Interesting. The command to empty the bulk maibox on yahoo mail
    is "javascript:EmptyFolder('@B@Bulk')" and it is this kind of
    command that will not execute in any of my browsers. If it says
    javascript, I thought that this might be the appropriate forum
    to ask....

    chagin1 at yahoo dot com
    Full Name, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Full Name

    VK Guest

    Full Name wrote:
    > Interesting. The command to empty the bulk maibox on yahoo mail
    > is "javascript:EmptyFolder('@B@Bulk')" and it is this kind of
    > command that will not execute in any of my browsers. If it says
    > javascript, I thought that this might be the appropriate forum
    > to ask....

    Yes, it is JavaScript. So Java has nothing to do with your problem, so
    you can stop re-installing Java plug-in.

    This is the actual code of the EmptyFolder function from Yahoo! Mail

    function EmptyFolder(folder)
    {
    var warnonempty = folder == "@B@Bulk" ? (!noDelBulkMsgWarning) :
    (!noDelAllMsgWarning)
    var emptyFol = true;
    if(warnonempty)
    {
    var sMessage = folder == "@B@Bulk" ? "Are you sure? Deleted Bulk
    messages are gone forever, and will not go to your Trash folder." :
    "Are you sure you want to empty the folder?";
    emptyFol = showEmptyFolderWarning(sMessage, folder);
    }

    if(emptyFol)
    {
    var url = "/ym/ShowFolder?";
    url += folder == "Trash" ? "ET" : "EB";
    url += "=1&.crumb=pEq.Pmp.185&reset=1&YY=73081";
    window.open(url, '_self');

    As you may notice, there is nothing security related here (like say
    calling an ActiveX object). So the problem may be that you have
    installed some crazy security fix like this one:
    <http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875345>

    But I'm not aware of any secirity fixes that would disable javascript:
    pseudo-protocol as it is. So the problem may be also in some
    firewall/anti-spyware/anti-virus settings.

    To narrow the problem you may want to install a copy of Firefox
    (www.mozilla.org) on one of problematic machines and check if Yahoo!
    Mail will work for it.
    VK, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Full Name

    Full Name Guest

    In article <1132624554.168016.201750
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > you can stop re-installing Java plug-in.

    Thank you. I hoped that was true, since as administrator,
    everything works OK.

    > ...So the problem may be that you have
    > installed some crazy security fix like this one:
    > <http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875345>

    If it was a standard security update from the microsoft update
    site, perhaps. I hvae done nothing esoteric to my knowledge.
    Does the actual "fix" have a KB number?

    > ...So the problem may be also in some
    > firewall/anti-spyware/anti-virus settings.

    With symantec DISabled, it still doesn't work as user. With
    symantec ENabled, it DOES work as administrator.

    > To narrow the problem you may want to install a copy of Firefox
    > (www.mozilla.org) on one of problematic machines and check if Yahoo!
    > Mail will work for it.

    I have reinstalled Firefox as well. Neither it, nor Opera nor
    IE work as user. All 3 work as Administrator.
    Full Name, Nov 22, 2005