    Anyone any thoughts?

    Thanks in advance

    Andy
    Andy, Nov 26, 2003

  2. What is the error?

    --
    Kevin Spencer
    ..Net Developer
    Microsoft MVP
    Big things are made up
    of lots of little things.

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Whoops!

    I have since restarted IIS as well but to no avail??

    this is the error generated:-

    Source:
    CodeClinic.RestWebPort.BusLogic.Image.Save

    Exception:
    Access to the
    path "E:\Inetpub\Poachers\library\dishes\dish_8.jpg" is
    denied.

    Trace:
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode,
    String str)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode
    mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32
    bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean
    bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode
    mode)
    at System.Web.HttpPostedFile.SaveAs(String filename)
    at CodeClinic.RestWebPort.BusLogic.Image.Save(String
    file, HtmlInputFile uploadedfile)

    Andy, Nov 26, 2003
  4. There are only 2 possible reasons why your app might be denied access to the
    file:

    1. It doesn't have the necessary permission
    2. The file is in use by an application and locked.

    You can easily determine whetyher it's number 2 or not. If you can delete
    the file and the app cannot, the problem is number 1. When a file is locked,
    even the Administrator group can't delete it.

    If the problem is number 1, re-check your permissions. And remember that
    Deny permission always overrides Grant. In other words, if you have granted
    the user permission, and somewhere else that permission is explicitly
    denied, the permission is not granted.

    You may also want to make sure that the account you think ASP.Net is running
    under is indeed the account it is running under. To do this, just open up
    Task Manger, check the Processes tab. The user account under which your
    ASP.Net worker process is running will be displayed.

    --
    Kevin Spencer
    ..Net Developer

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Andy

    Andy Guest

    SORTED!

    It seems that under Windows 2003 the process is NOT
    running under the ASPNET account but a NETWORK SERVICES
    account???

    However if this is the case how is it writing the first
    file upload successfully to the directory???

    weird!

    It is now working though, which is nice ;-)

    Andy, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Hi Andy,

    Thank you for posting to the MSDN newsgroups.

    I am glad to know that the problem is resolved. You are right that the
    default account is the Network_Service account in Windows 2003 Server (IIS
    6). If you want to change the account, please refer to the following
    article.

    INFO: Implementing Impersonation in an ASP.NET Application
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306158

    If you have any more concerns, please feel free to let me know.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Nov 27, 2003