Permissions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Eric, Dec 29, 2009.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi,

    I wrote my website as dynamicly as possible due to the vast amoun of changes.
    So certain images are drawn by the application and then stored in a temp
    folder to which a page refers to.
    These drawings are saved as PNG.

    Now I have added a functionality where a report is generated based on given
    data and this report is also saved in the temp folder. The report is a PDF
    document.

    When writing this PDF document into the temp folder I get this error message:

    Request for the permission of type
    'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

    Why is my application allowed to write several other file type (PNG, txt) to
    this folder but not PDF?

    Strangely enough when the user opens a PDF document stored in the database
    it is written to the same folder without any problems.

    I use a dll from pdf4net to generate my report file.

    how can I solve this?

    rg,
    Eric

    Eric, Dec 29, 2009