Piccolo 1.04 released

Yuval Oren

Hi folks! I thought this might be of interest to some...

I’m happy to announce the release (at last) of version 1.04 of the
Piccolo XML parser for Java. This is a maintenance release but
contains a few noteworthy changes:

* I’m changing the Piccolo license over to the Apache License 2.0, so
that it may be used by XMLBeans and other Apache projects

* Many thanks to Eric Vasilik and Cezar Andrei from BEA for these
enhancements:
- relicensing from LGPL to Apache License Version 2.0
- line info for start elements on the "<".
- added getVersion and getEncoding to the parser
- bug fixing for attribute localname
- added more encodings to the charsetTable

* Benchmarks have been updated and now test the latest parser versions

* All reported bugs should now be fixed

* Performance has been improved by up to 10% over previous versions

* Piccolo attempts to avoid blocking I/O calls, so that it can read
from always-open network streams

* Internal improvements; build scripts have been enhanced to include
automated testing

As always, you can download Piccolo and obtain more information at
http://piccolo.sourceforge.net/.

Cheers,
Yuval Oren