Piccolo 1.04 released

Discussion in 'XML' started by Yuval Oren, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Yuval Oren

    Yuval Oren Guest

    Hi folks! I thought this might be of interest to some...

    I’m happy to announce the release (at last) of version 1.04 of the
    Piccolo XML parser for Java. This is a maintenance release but
    contains a few noteworthy changes:

    * I’m changing the Piccolo license over to the Apache License 2.0, so
    that it may be used by XMLBeans and other Apache projects

    * Many thanks to Eric Vasilik and Cezar Andrei from BEA for these
    enhancements:
    - relicensing from LGPL to Apache License Version 2.0
    - line info for start elements on the "<".
    - added getVersion and getEncoding to the parser
    - bug fixing for attribute localname
    - added more encodings to the charsetTable

    * Benchmarks have been updated and now test the latest parser versions

    * All reported bugs should now be fixed

    * Performance has been improved by up to 10% over previous versions

    * Piccolo attempts to avoid blocking I/O calls, so that it can read
    from always-open network streams

    * Internal improvements; build scripts have been enhanced to include
    automated testing

    As always, you can download Piccolo and obtain more information at
    http://piccolo.sourceforge.net/.

    Cheers,
    Yuval Oren

    Yuval Oren, Jul 12, 2004