    objects fail to be pickled because of XP stack size limitation.

    Any idea how to get around the problem ...

    A.

    Andy Leszczynski, Nov 5, 2005

  2. Andy Leszczynski wrote:
    > I need to pickle quite complex objects and first limitation was default
    > 200 for the recursion. sys.setrecursionlimit helped, but still bigger
    > objects fail to be pickled because of XP stack size limitation.
    >
    > Any idea how to get around the problem ...

    If you can live with Python 2.3 at the moment (2.4.2 support is
    expected after PyCon 2006 the latest), you can just use Stackless
    Python. It is not limited by stack size and also includes
    a version of cPickle that is unlimited.

    cheers -- chris

    --
    Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:>
    tismerysoft GmbH : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's

    Christian Tismer, Dec 9, 2005