pickle - recursion - stack size limit - MS windows

Andy Leszczynski

I need to pickle quite complex objects and first limitation was default
200 for the recursion. sys.setrecursionlimit helped, but still bigger
objects fail to be pickled because of XP stack size limitation.

Any idea how to get around the problem ...

A.

Christian Tismer

Andy said:
I need to pickle quite complex objects and first limitation was default
200 for the recursion. sys.setrecursionlimit helped, but still bigger
objects fail to be pickled because of XP stack size limitation.

Any idea how to get around the problem ...

If you can live with Python 2.3 at the moment (2.4.2 support is
expected after PyCon 2006 the latest), you can just use Stackless
Python. It is not limited by stack size and also includes
a version of cPickle that is unlimited.

cheers -- chris

--
Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:[email protected]>
tismerysoft GmbH : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's