place holder

Karl Seguin

The checkboxes need to be re-added when the 2nd button is clicked.
VIewstate only saves values, it doesn't save actual controls. Since you are
adding them dynamically the first time, you need to subsequently dynamically
add them. There's a free 3rd party control out there that does this for
you...for the life of me i can't remember or find it right now, but I think
I have a link at home...

Alternatively you could use Request.Form.

Karl

http://www.visual-basic-data-mining.net/forum

Hi

I have problem with placeholder.When user click on "retrive" button I am
creating the checkboxes and adding them to placeholder .And these are
displaying perfectly in my web page.
now user may update the checkboxes ocording to their wish.

when try to get whether checkbox is checked or not in another button(say
update) click its not working. i mean below code

For Each item In plh.Controls

If (TypeOf (item) Is System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox) Then

Dim checkbox1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox = CType(item,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox)

If checkbox1.Checked Then
Response.Write("This has been checked!")
Else
'Response.Write("This is not checked! ")
End If

End If

Next

if i copy this code in "retrive" button click its working but i need to get
the checkbox value or checked or not in "update" button click.placeholder
control does not contain anything if controle reaches the update button
clicked event.

pl advice me thanks