    How can I place a link that will appear at the bottom of the page even
    when there is little text to fill the page?

    Steve
    Cogito, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Cogito

    Mitja Guest

    Cogito <>
    (news:) wrote:
    > How can I place a link that will appear at the bottom of the page even
    > when there is little text to fill the page?
    >
    > Steve

    Somewhat sloppy:

    Better:
    little text
    Instead of the enclosing div, you can simply use body.
    Mitja, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Cogito

    rf Guest

    "Cogito" <> wrote in message
    > How can I place a link that will appear at the bottom of the page even
    > when there is little text to fill the page?

    Please define what you mean by "page".

    If you mean the viewport then look into CSS, position: absolute; bottom: 0;

    Why would you wish to do this anyway?

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Cogito

    Cogito Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:14:55 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:

    >"Cogito" <> wrote in message
    >> How can I place a link that will appear at the bottom of the page even
    >> when there is little text to fill the page?

    >Please define what you mean by "page".
    >
    >If you mean the viewport then look into CSS, position: absolute; bottom: 0;
    >
    >Why would you wish to do this anyway?
    >
    >Cheers
    >Richard.

    By page I mean the part that is visible in the window when there is
    not sufficient text to to fill that space. For example, I have a few
    lines fo text, a graphic and I wish to have a contact email address at
    the bottom of the page.

    Can you please show sample code of the CSS solution.

    Steve
    Cogito, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Cogito

    rf Guest

    "Cogito" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:14:55 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Cogito" <> wrote in message
    > >> How can I place a link that will appear at the bottom of the page even
    > >> when there is little text to fill the page?

    > >Please define what you mean by "page".
    > >
    > >If you mean the viewport then look into CSS, position: absolute; bottom:

    0;

    > >Why would you wish to do this anyway?

    > By page I mean the part that is visible in the window when there is
    > not sufficient text to to fill that space. For example, I have a few
    > lines fo text, a graphic and I wish to have a contact email address at
    > the bottom of the page.
    >
    > Can you please show sample code of the CSS solution.

    <a ... style="position: absolute; bottom: 0;}

    But, that will place the link at the bottom of the canvas *allways*, even if
    the content is longer than the canvas. When the content is longer than the
    canvas the link will sit on top of whatever content is at the bottom of the
    canvas.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jun 5, 2004
  6. Cogito

    Cogito Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:28:23 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:

    >"Cogito" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:14:55 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Cogito" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >Please define what you mean by "page".
    >> >
    >> >If you mean the viewport then look into CSS, position: absolute; bottom:

    >0;
    >> >
    >> >Why would you wish to do this anyway?

    >> By page I mean the part that is visible in the window when there is
    >> not sufficient text to to fill that space. For example, I have a few
    >> lines fo text, a graphic and I wish to have a contact email address at
    >> the bottom of the page.
    >>
    >> Can you please show sample code of the CSS solution.

    ><a ... style="position: absolute; bottom: 0;}
    >
    >But, that will place the link at the bottom of the canvas *allways*, even if
    >the content is longer than the canvas. When the content is longer than the
    >canvas the link will sit on top of whatever content is at the bottom of the
    >canvas.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Richard.

    It works!
    Thank you.
    Cogito, Jun 5, 2004
  7. Cogito

    Cogito Guest

    ><a ... style="position: absolute; bottom: 0;}
    >
    >But, that will place the link at the bottom of the canvas *allways*, even if
    >the content is longer than the canvas. When the content is longer than the
    >canvas the link will sit on top of whatever content is at the bottom of the
    >canvas.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Richard.

    While this code does the job well for what I need now, it occurred to
    me that WIBNI (Wouldn't It Be nice If) there was code that would place
    the link at the bottom of the page when the page is empty of text or
    just at the end of the text when the page content fills more than the
    page window.
    Just checking….

    Steve
    Cogito, Jun 5, 2004