Play Ogg Files

Devyn Collier Johnson

Aloha Python programmers!

I am making a chatbot that I host on Launchpad.net/neobot. I am
currently converting the engine from BASH code to Python3. I need to
convert this for cross-platform compatibility. I do not need to use
Mplayer; I just show the below code to give others a better idea what I
am doing. I would prefer to be Python3 independent; I do not want to use
the system shell. I am fine with using Python3 modules like Pygame (if
there is a py3 module). As long as the code is fast, efficient, and
simple without depending on the system shell or external apps, that
would be nice. I also need the code to execute while the rest of the
script continues running.

jobs = multiprocessing.Process(SEND = subprocess.getoutput('mplayer
-nogui -nolirc -noar -quiet ./conf/boot.ogg')) #Boot sound#

Mahalo,

Devyn Collier Johnson
(e-mail address removed)