Please explain: #define MOVE 0x05

Joined
Jun 4, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have previously written C algorithms (however it has been a while) but never C++. I am presently working with a MR60BHA1 60GHz radar module (https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Radar_...ad&mc_eid=e0b0d29f49#firmware-version-updates). In one of the header files (60ghzbreathheart.h), I am seeing:
Code:
#define MOVE 0x05
.
In one of the Arduino sketches that runs on this radar module, I am seeing this C code:
Code:
case MOVE:
        Serial.println("Someone moving");
        Serial.println("----------------------------");
        break;
I understand that #define creates a macro, but I am unsure of what the hexadecimal 0x05 means. I am assuming that the "MOVE" in the above header file correlates with the "case MOVE:" in the Arduino sketch, but I cannot understand how the hexadecimal 0x05 relates to any of this (unless it might be a pointer or an indicator of how many bits are used to quantify the value of MOVE). I just do not see how MOVE could have a value of 5 and that make any sense because (as far as I can tell), MOVE relates to the detection of body motion by the radar module. I realize that there may be too little information here for anyone to provide an answer to my question (and I apologize if that is the case), but I am open to any advice or ideas that anyone may have. Thank you for your time.

Joined
Sep 4, 2022
Messages
128
Reaction score
16
Hello !

as MOVE is a var, the MOVE is a "constant" with hexadecimal value : 5. ( 0x05 )