    way i can redirect them to my close database and save results page, i cant
    use the unload event as this is trggered every time the use goes to the

    Thanks for any help.
    Steve Cosh, Nov 4, 2005

  2. "Steve Cosh" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns970474F93C5F2sjcoshhotmailcom@207.46.248.16...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Im writting an asp app that tracks the users scores and info (its a
    > training app) to a access database, ive disabled the ie toolbars and
    > everthing so the user must use my nav buttons so i can track what pages
    > they have been to.
    >
    > My problem is if the user closes IE with the close button [X], is there a
    > way i can redirect them to my close database and save results page, i cant
    > use the unload event as this is trggered every time the use goes to the
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    Short answer in asp: No.

    Design it differently.

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses
    for your meeting/class over the web.
    http://www.outlook-find-replace.com - Find & Replace in Emails, Contacts,
    Appointments, Tasks and Notes
    http://www.schedule-email.com - Schedule multiple individual
    emails/newsletters
    John Blessing, Nov 4, 2005

  3. Steve Cosh

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Steve Cosh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Im writting an asp app that tracks the users scores and info (its a
    > training app) to a access database, ive disabled the ie toolbars and
    > everthing so the user must use my nav buttons so i can track what pages
    > they have been to.
    >
    > My problem is if the user closes IE with the close button [X], is there a
    > way i can redirect them to my close database and save results page, i cant
    > use the unload event as this is trggered every time the use goes to the

    Doesn't each page stand alone? And each page may get info from previous page
    with forms or links.
    When the user sees your page, shouldn't the database connection already be
    closed?
    Isn't the database connection opened and closed with each page request in
    response to form data?
    Can't the user use [alt]+left-arrow and [alt]+rightArrow to go back and
    forth even without the toolbars?
    You can use cookies, too. You can make one page depend on previous page
    visits to enable access.
    Hal Rosser, Nov 5, 2005