huda said:
hi >>>>
please i need your help .....

how can i send sms from pc(windows xp)
to mobile symbian 60 6630 by python

i need your help please
i hope you answer me as fast as u can

thanks in advance......

Attach a Mobile to your computer using USB/Bluetooth, open it with a
terminal program and use these AT-commands.

http://www.cellular.co.za/hayesat.htm#SMS Command Set

You can do that in python too, by opening the COM-port the handset is
attached to and issuing the commands yourself.

Diez

rory.brandybuck

Yet another option:
Use web-service provided by your mobile operator
(by means of cookielib, urllib2, etc).

rory.brandybuck

Yet another option:
Use Python high level API for Symbian
(http://opensource.nokia.com/projects/pythonfors60/)
to write simple server which listen to desktop client (both in Python).
Server (phone side): accept requests, send SMS using mobile phone
capability
Client (desktop): send requests, specify phone number, message to
send.
Use any suitable connection between the phone and computer.

Paul Boddie

Diez said:
Attach a Mobile to your computer using USB/Bluetooth, open it with a
terminal program and use these AT-commands.

http://www.cellular.co.za/hayesat.htm#SMS Command Set

You can do that in python too, by opening the COM-port the handset is
attached to and issuing the commands yourself.

See the t616hack distribution for help on reading and writing messages,
although I haven't bothered to implement message sending just yet - it
shouldn't be as hard as implementing message writing, however.

http://www.python.org/pypi/t616hack

Nelson Minar did the original work by getting COM port communications
working using PySerial and a Bluetooth dongle. I've since extended that
work to use Bluetooth sockets, which are somewhat more convenient. Only
certain Sony Ericsson telephones are known to work, but I imagine that
other models provide similar command sets.

With respect to the original query, it may be the case that the
questioner was thinking of certain Internet gateways which accept
requests and relay messages to the telephone network. Certain software
packages like smssend may be the solution in that context.

Paul