Please help me to evaluate site quality

Discussion in 'HTML' started by lucpit4, Jan 15, 2007.

  1. lucpit4

    lucpit4 Guest

    I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/

    It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it Ok
    or not. Thanks.
     
    lucpit4, Jan 15, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. lucpit4

    J.O. Aho Guest

    lucpit4 wrote:
    > I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    > person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    >
    > It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it Ok
    > or not. Thanks.
    >


    It's maybe worth US$1 for that job, ask your next door kid next time, thye may
    have a better idea for a site too.

    --

    //Aho
     
    J.O. Aho, Jan 15, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. lucpit4

    CRON Guest

    Sorry, I'm afraid I have to agree. The site is definately not worth the
    money you paid for it. The price would be reasonable if the design and
    coding was up to a professional level but it is very poor. Hope this
    helps steer you in the right direction next time.
    CiarĂ¡n
     
    CRON, Jan 15, 2007
    #3
  4. lucpit4

    John Hosking Guest

    lucpit4 wrote:
    > I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    > person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    >
    > It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it Ok
    > or not. Thanks.
    >

    Same response as in c.i.w.a.html, where I pointed to my response in
    a.w.webmaster, which pointed to my response in a.h.critique. Please
    don't multi-post.

    --
    John (now almost as afraid to read NGs as I am to visit OP's site)
     
    John Hosking, Jan 15, 2007
    #4
  5. lucpit4

    Toby Inkster Guest

    lucpit4 wrote:

    > I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    > person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    > It cost me $1500.


    It's perfectly search engine friendly, but for $1500, you were ripped off.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
     
    Toby Inkster, Jan 15, 2007
    #5
  6. lucpit4 wrote:
    > I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    > person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    >
    > It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it Ok
    > or not. Thanks.
    >


    You are joking, right? If not put a stop payment on that check!

    All kidding aside, what did this $1500 pay for? Google "ASCII Doom" and
    see what page your site appears...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
     
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 15, 2007
    #6
  7. lucpit4

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > lucpit4 wrote:
    >> I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    >> person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    >>
    >> It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it Ok
    >> or not. Thanks.
    >>

    >
    > You are joking, right? If not put a stop payment on that check!
    >
    > All kidding aside, what did this $1500 pay for? Google "ASCII Doom" and
    > see what page your site appears...


    Do you really think he paid that? He just wrote so that people would go and
    visit his "spam" site.


    --

    //Aho
     
    J.O. Aho, Jan 15, 2007
    #7
  8. J.O. Aho wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> lucpit4 wrote:
    >>> I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    >>> person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    >>>
    >>> It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it Ok
    >>> or not. Thanks.
    >>>

    >>
    >> You are joking, right? If not put a stop payment on that check!
    >>
    >> All kidding aside, what did this $1500 pay for? Google "ASCII Doom"
    >> and see what page your site appears...

    >
    > Do you really think he paid that? He just wrote so that people would go
    > and visit his "spam" site.
    >
    >

    No it did not *really* think he paid $1500 for that site, I was making a
    point. If he paid $150 he got ripped off! But you would be surprise what
    some folks get for $1500!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
     
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 15, 2007
    #8
  9. lucpit4

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    lucpit4 wrote:
    > I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    > person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    >
    > It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it Ok
    > or not. Thanks.


    The trojans in your downloads are far from OK.
     
    Nik Coughlin, Jan 16, 2007
    #9
  10. lucpit4

    lucpit4 Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > lucpit4 wrote:
    > > I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    > > person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    > >
    > > It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it Ok
    > > or not. Thanks.

    >
    > The trojans in your downloads are far from OK.


    Sorry? What about you saying?
     
    lucpit4, Jan 16, 2007
    #10
  11. lucpit4

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    lucpit4 wrote:
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> lucpit4 wrote:
    >>> I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to thirdparty
    >>> person to design and optimize my site http://www.allwindowssoft.com/
    >>>
    >>> It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at the site and say me if it
    >>> Ok or not. Thanks.

    >>
    >> The trojans in your downloads are far from OK.

    >
    > Sorry? What about you saying?


    The ascii doom download seems to contain some kind of dropper. When I ran
    it it tried to add "jkhhe" to winlogon -- Google for it, it's a trojan.
    Luckily I have spybot teatimer installed and I blocked it, but then I did a
    system scan and found three trojans (1 using Avast and 2 using AVG Spyware).
    I scan my system regularly and I'm pretty sure they weren't there before I
    ran the doom.exe installer. The interesting thing is, none of three
    different virus scanners detected anything in doom.exe.
     
    Nik Coughlin, Jan 16, 2007
    #11
  12. lucpit4

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > lucpit4 wrote:
    >> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >>> lucpit4 wrote:
    >>>> I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to
    >>>> thirdparty person to design and optimize my site
    >>>> http://www.allwindowssoft.com/ It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at
    >>>> the site and say me if it
    >>>> Ok or not. Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> The trojans in your downloads are far from OK.

    >>
    >> Sorry? What about you saying?

    >
    > The ascii doom download seems to contain some kind of dropper. When
    > I ran it it tried to add "jkhhe" to winlogon -- Google for it, it's a
    > trojan. Luckily I have spybot teatimer installed and I blocked it,
    > but then I did a system scan and found three trojans (1 using Avast
    > and 2 using AVG Spyware). I scan my system regularly and I'm pretty
    > sure they weren't there before I ran the doom.exe installer. The
    > interesting thing is, none of three different virus scanners detected
    > anything in doom.exe.


    Also, after I ran the doom.exe, I couldn't access any antivirus websites. I
    had to use a different computer to download them so I could clean my
    machine.
     
    Nik Coughlin, Jan 16, 2007
    #12
  13. lucpit4

    lucpit4 Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > > lucpit4 wrote:
    > >> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > >>> lucpit4 wrote:
    > >>>> I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to
    > >>>> thirdparty person to design and optimize my site
    > >>>> http://www.allwindowssoft.com/ It cost me $1500. Could somebody look at
    > >>>> the site and say me if it
    > >>>> Ok or not. Thanks.
    > >>>
    > >>> The trojans in your downloads are far from OK.
    > >>
    > >> Sorry? What about you saying?

    > >
    > > The ascii doom download seems to contain some kind of dropper. When
    > > I ran it it tried to add "jkhhe" to winlogon -- Google for it, it's a
    > > trojan. Luckily I have spybot teatimer installed and I blocked it,
    > > but then I did a system scan and found three trojans (1 using Avast
    > > and 2 using AVG Spyware). I scan my system regularly and I'm pretty
    > > sure they weren't there before I ran the doom.exe installer. The
    > > interesting thing is, none of three different virus scanners detected
    > > anything in doom.exe.

    >
    > Also, after I ran the doom.exe, I couldn't access any antivirus websites. I
    > had to use a different computer to download them so I could clean my
    > machine.


    Thanks for info. I will check it.... it is strange, because I am using
    nod32 and it found nothing 8-\
     
    lucpit4, Jan 17, 2007
    #13
  14. lucpit4

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "lucpit4" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> > lucpit4 wrote:
    >> >> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> >>> lucpit4 wrote:
    >> >>>> I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to
    >> >>>> thirdparty person to design and optimize my site
    >> >>>> http://www.allwindowssoft.com/ It cost me $1500. Could somebody look
    >> >>>> at
    >> >>>> the site and say me if it
    >> >>>> Ok or not. Thanks.
    >> >>>
    >> >>> The trojans in your downloads are far from OK.
    >> >>
    >> >> Sorry? What about you saying?
    >> >
    >> > The ascii doom download seems to contain some kind of dropper. When
    >> > I ran it it tried to add "jkhhe" to winlogon -- Google for it, it's a
    >> > trojan. Luckily I have spybot teatimer installed and I blocked it,
    >> > but then I did a system scan and found three trojans (1 using Avast
    >> > and 2 using AVG Spyware). I scan my system regularly and I'm pretty
    >> > sure they weren't there before I ran the doom.exe installer. The
    >> > interesting thing is, none of three different virus scanners detected
    >> > anything in doom.exe.

    >>
    >> Also, after I ran the doom.exe, I couldn't access any antivirus websites.
    >> I
    >> had to use a different computer to download them so I could clean my
    >> machine.

    >
    > Thanks for info. I will check it.... it is strange, because I am using
    > nod32 and it found nothing 8-\


    The other possibility is that the file became infected after I downloaded
    it, but before I ran it. Could have been something already on my machine,
    but God knows how it could have got there, I am very careful.
     
    Nik Coughlin, Jan 17, 2007
    #14
  15. lucpit4

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > "lucpit4" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >>> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >>>> lucpit4 wrote:
    >>>>> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >>>>>> lucpit4 wrote:
    >>>>>>> I'am not specialist in web design/SEO. So I have payed to
    >>>>>>> thirdparty person to design and optimize my site
    >>>>>>> http://www.allwindowssoft.com/ It cost me $1500. Could somebody look
    >>>>>>> at
    >>>>>>> the site and say me if it
    >>>>>>> Ok or not. Thanks.
    >>>>>> The trojans in your downloads are far from OK.
    >>>>> Sorry? What about you saying?
    >>>> The ascii doom download seems to contain some kind of dropper. When
    >>>> I ran it it tried to add "jkhhe" to winlogon -- Google for it, it's a
    >>>> trojan. Luckily I have spybot teatimer installed and I blocked it,
    >>>> but then I did a system scan and found three trojans (1 using Avast
    >>>> and 2 using AVG Spyware). I scan my system regularly and I'm pretty
    >>>> sure they weren't there before I ran the doom.exe installer. The
    >>>> interesting thing is, none of three different virus scanners detected
    >>>> anything in doom.exe.
    >>> Also, after I ran the doom.exe, I couldn't access any antivirus websites.
    >>> I
    >>> had to use a different computer to download them so I could clean my
    >>> machine.

    >> Thanks for info. I will check it.... it is strange, because I am using
    >> nod32 and it found nothing 8-\

    >
    > The other possibility is that the file became infected after I downloaded
    > it, but before I ran it. Could have been something already on my machine,
    > but God knows how it could have got there, I am very careful.
    >
    >


    After your original post on this I downloaded 4 random files from the
    site and checked them with AVG. It found nothing. Now, I didn't run
    them so it is possible that they might go out on the Web and cause the
    infection that way.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    http://abington.edmullen.net
    A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
     
    Ed Mullen, Jan 18, 2007
    #15
  16. lucpit4

    aa Guest

    I do not believe in an abstract quality of a site. Quality is good if it
    matches the site's purpose.
    If you did not make the site contents, which is said is free, then what is
    the purpose of the site?
    If you authored that FLASH stuff and just want people to be aware of it,
    then the site is just fine (except the price).
    But in this case you must be able to build such a site yourself in no time.
    In any case two poins might be relevant:
    1. This sort of sites usually are visited via Search Engines. Your home page
    is practically text free which is not loved by SEs
    2. People are suspicious downloading unknown stuff from unknown sites. When
    this stuff requires installation, the suspitions double.
    Flash games do not require installation. Why are they made installable?
     
    aa, Jan 18, 2007
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. KK
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    651
    Big Brian
    Oct 14, 2003
  2. Peter Olcott
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    572
    Glorywest
    Oct 12, 2006
  3. Evaluate My Program Please

    , Sep 18, 2006, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    257
    Robert
    Sep 19, 2006
  4. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    361
    Robert
    Sep 19, 2006
  5. CNA Programming Group

    Fast and high-quality Web Site Creation

    CNA Programming Group, Dec 12, 2004, in forum: Perl Misc
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    87
    David H. Adler
    Dec 12, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page