please help me with this pc of code

mk.supriya

hello,
please go through the following code and tell me where i am wrong.
this is a FOR loop to do some arithmetic operations on a matrix.
instead of the outermost loop(j), if i assign, 0, 1, 2...etc manually,
i am able to get the desired result, but when i run this loop, only
1st row gets the right values. remaining rows, get some very high
values

for j in 0 to 2 loop
temp := 1;
row1 := hm1(j); -- here if i put 0, 1, w/o j loop, correct result
for count in 0 to 2 loop
col := 0;
tempc := 0;
while ( col < (temp * 2)) loop
row2(col) := row1(tempc) + row1(tempc + temp);
row2(col + 1) := row1(tempc) - row1(tempc + temp);
tempc := tempc + 1;
col := col + 2;
end loop;
row1 := row2;
temp := temp * 2;
end loop;
hm2(j):= row2;-- here if i put 0, 1, w/o j loop, correct result
end loop;

Andy

[...]

Please read the documentation for your simulator and learn how to use
break points, monitors, etc. in your simulation.

Otherwise, instrument your code with assert and/or report statements
to tell you what's going on as the code executes.

These are basic code debugging skills that will serve you well in the
future.

Andy

mk.supriya

Please read the documentation for your simulator and learn how to use
break points, monitors, etc. in your simulation.

thanks. i was applying breakpoints and stepping through the code, but
now i realised that unless i give a wait statement i am not able to
view the output on my simulation window.
now i am getting the right output