Please help with this error handling:

Ivan Demkovitch

Hi!

I'm using webservice to display weather on my webpage.
Sometimes this XML webservice times out (or just takes too long) and my
webpage does not load (Request timed out)
Regular error handling doesn't help here.

I wonder what needs to be done to avoid this problems. I don't ming remove
blocks of page if service fails, but I want rest displayed !

TIA

bruce barker

the timeout on you page has to be longer than the timeout on the webrequest.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Ivan Demkovitch

Bruce,

Thanks, I understand this.

Actually, I'm more interested in reducing timeout of webrequest and display
error to user then making user wait forever.
Some of this webservices sometime hangs for good (free stuff).

How do I set timeout for web service?