    I have seen (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;195445)

    Please if you have any idea then by all means share it. Oh by the way the
    same code works flawlessly on the xp.pro development machine.
    John Doe, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Just checking that you unchecked Anonymous access in IIS?

    It may be that the "user" at that time is IUSR_<machinename>, so make sure
    he has enough rights to execute that assembly.

    I found the chart here useful in determine who the "user" is at any given
    time:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetap05.asp

    "John Doe" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > I am at my wits end with IIS security.
    >
    > I am trying to run a component from an aspx page which accesses the

    sockets
    > namespace. Of course because most administrators cannot keep there

    servers
    > secure microsoft now has it so any attempt to access a socket from the
    > aspnet account results in "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way
    > forbidden by its access permissions". How in the hell do I get around

    this.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Nov 21, 2003