    Thanks.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 21, 2004

  2. On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:59:01 GMT, Lucas Tam <> wrote:

    > Does anyone have easy to use sample code to build a "Please wait...
    > processing data screen?"
    >
    > I'm interested in something like Expedia's search page
    >
    > Thanks.

    The best design:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/12/DesignPatterns/

    You can also do something similar that's a little simpler by just
    redirecting 'thru' a wait page. I've used this concept before: if you
    load a page in the browser, and in its body onload you redirect to another
    page, the first page will stay loaded on the screen until some response
    data is received. So as long as buffer=true, you could create a wait page
    and insert it into the flow:

    page 1 ---redirects to
    wait page ---via JS, navigates to
    page 2 ---a long-running page with buffer=true

    and in your wait page you can put one of those animated gifs...

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Aug 21, 2004

  3. another approach is to set a div tag containing the message to invisible in
    the onload page function in script. on the server, use attributes to map a
    buttons click event to make the div tag visible. when the page loads, the
    message goes away. while the page is being loaded, the message is present.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Aug 21, 2004