    i am 2007 pass out i have just scored 53%
    is any possibilty that i can get into IT field
    , Dec 15, 2007

  2. Andrew Thompson, Dec 15, 2007

  3. Dag Sunde Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote in message news:7cb91f027b749@uwe...
    > wrote:
    >>i am 2007 pass out ..

    > Fetch the smelling salts, Irene! I think this chap
    > is about to faint!
    >
    >>...i have just scored 53%
    >>is any possibilty that i can get into IT field

    > No.
    >
    > Start practising "Would you like fries with that?".
    > .with a 'smile'. ;-)

    You're evil, Andrew!

    :-D

    --
    Dag.
    Dag Sunde, Dec 15, 2007
  4. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > i am 2007 pass out i have just scored 53%
    > is any possibilty that i can get into IT field

    Your chances will improve greatly if you present a professional front to
    prospective employers. As was pointed out on another thread, programming
    skill is only one factor in a hiring decision. Also important are
    communication skills. In particular, avoid leetspeak abbreviations like
    "plz", remember that the word "I" is capitalized, sentences end with periods
    (questions with question marks), and other guidelines that will give your
    written communication more polish.

    I have no idea what "pass out" means, other than Andrew's pun on the meaning
    "to faint". More importantly, who knows what a "53%" means. Compared to
    whom, or what? In what discipline?

    A 53% from M.I.T. is going to be more impressive than a 53% from Al's Discount
    Mail-Order Degree Mill.

    Providing sufficient information is another communication skill that will
    influence a potential employer's decision.

    One course I took in college that was extremely helpful was a writing course
    for engineers and applied scientists. It covered how to write memos, resumes,
    reports, pretty much any kind of document you'd ever want to write in the work
    world. Perception is reality - your presentation will do more to help or
    hinder your prospects than your actual skills (sadly).

    If you're going to communicate in English, I urge you to take such a seminar,
    or get someone knowledgeable in these matters to coach you. The hints I
    provided in the first paragraph will help you, but they're just the most basic
    elements.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Dec 15, 2007