Plz Help---Setting a GridView's template control programmatically

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Shafia, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Shafia

    Shafia Guest

    Hi,
    I have a TreeView and a GridView in my UI. On a "CheckChanged" event of
    tree, I do the following
    GridView1.Rows[nextRow].Cells[0].Text = e.Node.Text;

    or rather

    ((Label)GridView1.Rows[newRow].Cells[0].FindControl("Label5")).Text =
    e.Node.Text;

    static newRow = 0; and
    newRow is incremented on each event call
    I need to insert tree node items to the first cells of GridView rows on
    subsequent event firing. The problem is when I click a tree node 2nd time

    (to set Rows[1].Cells[0].Text) the value from Rows[0].Cells[0].Text
    disappears.

    What should I do to have it there?

    Plz help me,

    Shafia