    i can't find a source that has this for Google maps.

    ??
    NS

    .Net Sports, Nov 11, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed ".Net Sports"
    <> writing in

    > i'm not sure what newsgroup to ask, but i have some dynamic asp code
    > that displays addresses and such from a recordset, and i want users to
    > click on an icon that sits aside the dynamic address to find the
    > location via yahoo maps, but I want to use this to go to Google maps.
    > Here is my Yahoo example:
    > http://maps.yahoo.com/py/lg:/lc:/maps_result?

    BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=&add
    > r=<%= rslist("address") %>&csz=<%= rslist("city") %>%2C%20<%= rslist
    > ("state") %>%20<%= rslist("zip") %>&country=us
    >
    > i can't find a source that has this for Google maps.
    >
    > ??
    > NS

    Google is just about the same, and you can actually do more server side,
    like make maps and such. Look into getting a Google API key, and then
    you can have maps, directions, etc.

    For what you want to do, you just have to do a Google map request and
    take a look at the query string, then replace that with your own
    information.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1450
    +Pennsylvania+Ave+SE,+Washington,+DC+20003-3029&sll=38.895342,-77.033472
    &sspn=0.006396,0.013411&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1450
    +Pennsylvania+Ave+SE,+Washington,+District+of+Columbia,+20003&z=16

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Nov 11, 2009