    Name: PoolMenu Version 1.0

    Author: David Griffiths

    This is an interactive applet class which takes an

    image and covers it in virtual water.

    For more information about this and other applets

    go to http://www.demon.co.uk/davidg/spigots.htm

    Created with Sun JDK 1.1

    Unable to create Pool: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (-1)
    and height (-1) cannot be <= 0

    Unable to create next frame: java.lang.NullPointerException

    java.lang.NullPointerException

    at Pool.getImage(Pool.java:268)

    at PoolMenu.paint(PoolMenu.java:490)

    at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)

    at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)

    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
    Source)

    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
    Source)

    I attempted to contact the applet's author via the site listed in the
    code above, but it is no longer hosted at that site. So I guess my
    question is, does anyone know how to fix this so that the applet works
    for IE 6 with Sun's plug in, or perhaps someone else has written a
    newer script for this effect that I can download?

    Thanking all in advance for time and attention to this issue.
    Anonymust, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Anonymust

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I use a java applet on several web pages that is no longer functioning
    > in my browser.

    Have you asked in a Java newsgroup and read the documentation that came
    with it?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Anonymust

    Anonymust Guest

    Hywel <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hywel says...
    >
    > Have you asked in a Java newsgroup and read the documentation that came
    > with it?

    1) This is where I was directed by a user in another forum. Am I still
    in the wrong place? If not, could you please direct me to a more
    appropriate group?

    2) Yes, I've read all the documentation (minimal) and the applet has
    worked fine for over a year, is still working fine, provided my MS
    browser is using the MS java plug in. Once I change to Sun's plug in,
    the applet completely fails on pages I have designed and when I go to
    sites where others are using the same exact applet (same author, same
    code), if it does load in my browser, the effect behaves in a sluggish
    manner.

    Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post.
    Anonymust, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Anonymust

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hywel <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Hywel says...
    > >
    > > Have you asked in a Java newsgroup and read the documentation that came
    > > with it?

    > 1) This is where I was directed by a user in another forum. Am I still
    > in the wrong place? If not, could you please direct me to a more
    > appropriate group?

    A Java newsgroup. comp.lang.java, for example.

    > 2) Yes, I've read all the documentation (minimal) and the applet has
    > worked fine for over a year, is still working fine, provided my MS
    > browser is using the MS java plug in. Once I change to Sun's plug in,
    > the applet completely fails on pages I have designed and when I go to
    > sites where others are using the same exact applet (same author, same
    > code), if it does load in my browser, the effect behaves in a sluggish
    > manner.

    Perhaps the fault is with the browser. Try a proper one, such as
    http://www.mozilla.org/

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/