Pop Up Window..ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by seep, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. seep

    seep Guest

    Hi,
    I have a webform with a button.
    When the user moves their mouse over the button.. I would
    like to initiate a mouseover event that shows a small
    window with text.. The text will be populated from a
    dataset...

    Does anyone here know how to do this?
    I have code that does the mouseover in javascript.. A
    window even pops up.. but I am not sure how to send
    dynamic text to this window...

    I hope I am being clear enough..
    A tooltip would be ok if I could get the data to show up
    in 2 lines neatly.. ie

    DATAROW 1
    DATAROW 2

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    seep, Dec 21, 2004

  2. There are a couple of possibilities.

    1. Dynamically create the Window.Open() URL to include enough information to
    pull from a database.

    2. Feed the data into JavaScript when the page is initially called and
    create a tooltip. If you cannot easily do it with HTML, consider setting up a
    layer and painting it on the mouseover event.

    NOTE: The second option is more difficult to implement, as different
    browsers render layers differently (some older browsers will not render at
    all), so the option is more applicable to a controlled environment, like an
    Intranet.

    ---

    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Dec 21, 2004

  3. seep

    Saravana Guest

    Check out this article,
    http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/articles/PopupCalendarinASP.aspx

    --
    -Saravana
    www.ExtremeExperts.com

    Saravana, Dec 21, 2004
  4. seep

    santhanamk

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Hi seep:

    Did you ever figure out how to do this? I am trying to do something very similar.

    In my case, I have a table with some records. When I hover a link for each row (onmouseover), I would like to pop up a window with dynamic text (unique for each row).

    At this point, I can get the pop up window to display, but I cannot write dynamic text to it...only static text..

    Thanks,
    -Krishna

    santhanamk, Apr 29, 2010