Pop Up Window..ASP.NET

seep

Hi,
I have a webform with a button.
When the user moves their mouse over the button.. I would
like to initiate a mouseover event that shows a small
window with text.. The text will be populated from a
dataset...

Does anyone here know how to do this?
I have code that does the mouseover in javascript.. A
window even pops up.. but I am not sure how to send
dynamic text to this window...

I hope I am being clear enough..
A tooltip would be ok if I could get the data to show up
in 2 lines neatly.. ie

DATAROW 1
DATAROW 2

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest

There are a couple of possibilities.

1. Dynamically create the Window.Open() URL to include enough information to
pull from a database.

2. Feed the data into JavaScript when the page is initially called and
create a tooltip. If you cannot easily do it with HTML, consider setting up a
layer and painting it on the mouseover event.

NOTE: The second option is more difficult to implement, as different
browsers render layers differently (some older browsers will not render at
all), so the option is more applicable to a controlled environment, like an
Intranet.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi seep:

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I am trying to do something very similar.

In my case, I have a table with some records. When I hover a link for each row (onmouseover), I would like to pop up a window with dynamic text (unique for each row).

At this point, I can get the pop up window to display, but I cannot write dynamic text to it...only static text..

Thanks,
-Krishna