pop3/imap library

Torsten Mueller

I'm looking for a library. I want to request e-mail accounts from
within a C++ application. I have the following requirements:

- full pop3 support is needed, imap would be fine

- the lib should be useable on Linux with gcc and on Win32 with either
gcc or MSVC

- it should handle coded message text (at least Base64 and quoted
printable) and also coded header lines (From and Subject), this
means it should have routines to decode these lines correctly

- it should parse the Date header into a binary form
(I mean a struct, best would be boost::local_date_time)

- it should be STL/boost compatible

- it must be open source and free for none commercial use

- sending e-mails (SMTP support) is NOT needed

It doesn't matter if it's a C or a C++ library. I could use simple C
functions as well, but entire C++ classes would be preferred.

Could anyone recommend something useful?

T.M.

nnarayann

[...]

Hi!!. I've just started to use (trying actually) Vmime, a C++ library
that supports any POSIX-compatible plattforms like Windows or Linux.
It seems that you can use imap-ssl, pop3s... and it's capable to parse
between quite a few formats.

Keep an eye on: http://www.vmime.org

Hope it helps,

nnarayann.

PS. Keep in touch and sorry for my rusty english :S.