pop3/imap library

Discussion in 'C++' started by Torsten Mueller, Feb 24, 2009.

  1. I'm looking for a library. I want to request e-mail accounts from
    within a C++ application. I have the following requirements:

    - full pop3 support is needed, imap would be fine

    - the lib should be useable on Linux with gcc and on Win32 with either
    gcc or MSVC

    - it should handle coded message text (at least Base64 and quoted
    printable) and also coded header lines (From and Subject), this
    means it should have routines to decode these lines correctly

    - it should parse the Date header into a binary form
    (I mean a struct, best would be boost::local_date_time)

    - it should be STL/boost compatible

    - it must be open source and free for none commercial use

    - sending e-mails (SMTP support) is NOT needed

    It doesn't matter if it's a C or a C++ library. I could use simple C
    functions as well, but entire C++ classes would be preferred.

    Could anyone recommend something useful?

    T.M.

    Torsten Mueller, Feb 24, 2009

  2. Victor Bazarov <> wrote:

    > > Could anyone recommend something useful?

    > Dubya Dubya Dubya Dot Google Dot Com...

    What do you think am I doing for more than a week now?

    T.M.

    Torsten Mueller, Feb 25, 2009

  3. Torsten Mueller

    nnarayann Guest

    On 24 feb, 09:28, Torsten Mueller <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a library. I want to request e-mail accounts from
    > within a C++ application. I have the following requirements:
    >
    > - full pop3 support is needed, imap would be fine
    >
    > - the lib should be useable on Linux with gcc and on Win32 with either
    >   gcc or MSVC
    >
    > - it should handle coded message text (at least Base64 and quoted
    >   printable) and also coded header lines (From and Subject), this
    >   means it should have routines to decode these lines correctly
    >
    > - it should parse the Date header into a binary form
    >   (I mean a struct, best would be boost::local_date_time)
    >
    > - it should be STL/boost compatible
    >
    > - it must be open source and free for none commercial use
    >
    > - sending e-mails (SMTP support) is NOT needed
    >
    > It doesn't matter if it's a C or a C++ library. I could use simple C
    > functions as well, but entire C++ classes would be preferred.
    >
    > Could anyone recommend something useful?
    >
    > T.M.

    Hi!!. I've just started to use (trying actually) Vmime, a C++ library
    that supports any POSIX-compatible plattforms like Windows or Linux.
    It seems that you can use imap-ssl, pop3s... and it's capable to parse
    between quite a few formats.

    Keep an eye on: http://www.vmime.org

    Hope it helps,

    nnarayann.

    PS. Keep in touch and sorry for my rusty english :S.

    nnarayann, Feb 26, 2009