    thanks
    regards
    netra
    netra, Nov 26, 2006

  2. Re: populating the checkboxes automatically when a new record is added

    > the database so that when i select the checkbox i should be able to
    > edit or delete the records..(similar to the gmail inbox,where the
    > checkboxes are populated when a new mails are received).cud some one
    > help me plz.

    The entire display would need to be embedded in a <form>, and the
    records being displayed as a table will have the 1st column as <input
    type="checkbox" name="someid"/>. However, make sure that every checkbox
    has a unique name.

    -cheers,
    Manish
    Manish Pandit, Nov 26, 2006

  3. netra

    Jeff Guest

    On Nov 26, 2:29 pm, "Manish Pandit" <> wrote:
    > > the database so that when i select the checkbox i should be able to
    > > edit or delete the records..(similar to the gmail inbox,where the
    > > checkboxes are populated when a new mails are received).cud some one
    > > help me plz.The entire display would need to be embedded in a <form>, and the

    > records being displayed as a table will have the 1st column as <input
    > type="checkbox" name="someid"/>. However, make sure that every checkbox
    > has a unique name.
    >
    > -cheers,
    > Manish

    That assumes this is a web based app, as you are giving an html
    solution.

    To the original author - is this a java app, applet, or other? The
    checkbox in the google list is in a table. So, what I think you are
    asking is how to display a checkbox for a boolean in a table.
    Correct???
    Jeff, Nov 27, 2006