Popup confirmation before ASP.NET Form Submit

John Straumann

Hi all:

I have an ASP.NET form that submits info to the server, but the customer
wants a confirmation window to open when the user clicks "Submit", and then
the user would have to click "OK" on the popup window to have the main form
submit. I found some samples of using JavaScript to create a popup window,
but then the OnClick event for the form button runs the JavaScript as
opposed to the server side code.

Can anyone suggest how I can accomplish this?

Thanks.

John.

sloan

This code is my "Cancel Page" confirmation.

If I pick "Yes" (to Cancel), my code behind (button) code runs, and
redirects me.
If I pick "No", I stay on the page.

CancelButtonConfirmInsertion (this.Page , button1 ); // is all I need on the
page.

public enum AppendOrder
{
BEFORE_CURRENT_ITEMS = 1,
AFTER_CURRENT_ITEMS = 2
}
public class ObjectUtilityLib
{

private ObjectUtilityLib()

/// <summary>
/// Attaches a 'Are you sure you want to cancel?' javascript confirm
message to a webcontrol.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="TargetPage">The target page.</param>
/// <param name="c">The control to attach the javascript cancel
confirm.</param>
public static void CancelButtonConfirmInsertion(Page TargetPage,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl c)
{
string jsFunction = "return confirm('Are you sure you would like
to cancel?');";
//jsFunction = "return true;";
AppendAttribute(c, "onClick", jsFunction,
Web.Utilities.AppendOrder.AFTER_CURRENT_ITEMS);

}

/// <summary>
/// Appends the attribute.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="c">The webcontrol to which the Javascript will be
appended.</param>
/// <param name="eventName">Name of the javascript event for the
control.</param>
/// <param name="newScript">The new script text.</param>
/// <param name="ao">The AppendOrder.</param>
public static void
AppendAttribute(System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl c, string eventName,
string newScript, AppendOrder ao)
{
string currentAttrib;
currentAttrib = c.Attributes[eventName];
if (!(currentAttrib == null))
{
if (ao == AppendOrder.BEFORE_CURRENT_ITEMS)
{
c.Attributes.Add(eventName, newScript + currentAttrib);
}
else
{
c.Attributes.Add(eventName, currentAttrib + newScript);
else
{
c.Attributes.Add(eventName, newScript);

John Straumann

Hi Mark:

Thanks for the note. My apologies as I neglected to mention that the popup
window needs to display a "terms and conditions" document (so a fairly large
amount of text) and then react to the click of the "OK" button. I tried to
put a large string in the code below but it did not work. I use mostly code
behind files, but would it be possible to declare a variable in ASP.NET
script that holds the text, and then use the variable name in the return
confirm?

John.

sloan

You can try lots of returns in the long string message.

I would look at Telerik, as they have a form of a "Modal Window" for
Asp.Net.