Popup window prevention

Andrew Poulos

If I try to open a window using this code:

window.onload = function() {
document.onkeyup = function(k) {
if (!k) {
k = window.event;
k.which = k.keyCode;
}
// 10 is return and 13 is enter
if (k.which==10 || k.which==13) window.open("content/ind.html");

then if I have a popup-blocker in place it, which of course it
shouldn't, won't open (unless there's a bug in my code). The question
then is, is the only user input that will open a new window (a popup) a
mouse click?

Andrew Poulos

kaeli

then if I have a popup-blocker in place it, which of course it
shouldn't, won't open (unless there's a bug in my code). The question
then is, is the only user input that will open a new window (a popup) a
mouse click?

It depends very highly on the popup blocker.

~kaeli~
The Bermuda Triangle got tired of warm weather. It moved to
Finland. Now Santa Claus is missing.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace