popupmenu customisation

bisuvious

hi

I have an MFC application where there are many CEdit controls in a
dialog. By default when I right click on an edit box a popup menu
appears with the menu items "Cut", "Copy", "Redo" etc.
But I do not want to show all the menu items. How can I remove some of
these menu items?

I know that somehow if I get CMenu* of this popup menu, then rest is
easier.

In brief what is the API to get application's edit menu? like
GetSystemMenu() for system menu.

thanks in advance.

bisuvius

John Harrison

bisuvious said:
hi

I have an MFC application where there are many CEdit controls in a
dialog. By default when I right click on an edit box a popup menu
appears with the menu items "Cut", "Copy", "Redo" etc.
But I do not want to show all the menu items. How can I remove some of
these menu items?

I know that somehow if I get CMenu* of this popup menu, then rest is
easier.

In brief what is the API to get application's edit menu? like
GetSystemMenu() for system menu.

thanks in advance.

bisuvius

You need a Windows programming group (or an MFC group). This is a C++
group, and there is no C++ content in your question, just a query about
a third party library. Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 for instance.

john

bisuvious

You need a Windows programming group (or an MFC group). This is a C++
group, and there is no C++ content in your question, just a query about
a third party library. Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 for instance.

john

hi John

yes you are right. I already posted this message to mfc group.
thanks

bisuvius