popups on drop down menu

~deb~

I'm a beginner in HTML... I fiddle... and I copy code from forums etc that
interest me to use on my blog. I've read a few HTML books but basically I
am a newbie and haven't much of a clue really how a lot of things work.

That being said I was hoping someone could explain to me what is happening
with a drop down blog roll list I have created. I searched google for a way
to include a
drop down list so I could fit a large amount of links in a small space on my
blog. It works fine but when you initally click on the drop down list it
creates a popup to:
http://drivecleaner.com/.freeware/i...1246255&mplx_cmp=swp_dc_common&ax=1&ed=2&ex=1

I have looked at the code and cannot find any reference to it or a pop up at
all. How is this happening and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any advice
Deb

You can see my blog here: http://digitalgirl-designs.blogspot.com/ the
blogroll is on the right hand side part way down.

This is the code I have for it:

<!-- Blog Roll & Other Stuff (in a scrolling box) on the main or archive
page only -->

<h2 class="sidebar-title">Blog Roll & Other Stuff</h2>
<form>
<select name="ArchiveMenu"
onChange="location.href=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;">
<option value="/"> Digi Scrap Shak Blogs </option>

<option value="http://andreadesigns.blogspot.com/">Andrea
Designs</option>

<option value="http://scrapwhore.blogspot.com/">Athena</option>

<option value="http://bellagypsy.blogspot.com/">Bella Gypsy
Designs</option>

<option value="http://caroleneale.blogspot.com/">Carole
Neale</option>

<option value="http://scrapbooksprinkles.blogspot.com/">Carrie
Krotine</option>

<option
value="http://www.chellebelledesigns.blogspot.com/">Chelle Belle
Designs</option>

<option value="http://designsbydede.wordpress.com/">DeDe
Smith</option>

<option value="http://fabella71.blogspot.com/">Fabella
Designs</option>

<option
value="http://fotosusu-sylvia.blogspot.com/">Fotosusu</option>

<option value="http://dreamsinkdesigns.blogspot.com/">Georgia
Oliver</option>

<option value="http://hm-scraps.blogspot.com/">Helena
Monteiro</option>

<option value="http://sokkiesspot.blogspot.com/">Ilona
Havenaar</option>

<option
value="http://www.brokken.net/ourdinnertable">Jannylynn</option>

<option value="http://www.juliascraps.blogspot.com/">Julia
Fialho</option>

<option value="http://www.junianasplace.blogspot.com/">Junianas
Design</option>

<option
value="http://www.kleopatra-scrap.de/">Kleopatra</option>

<option value="http://lauraburger.blogspot.com/">Laura
Burger</option>

<option value="http://www.lauramcgee.blogspot.com/">Laura
McGee</option>

<option value="http://lovessdlu.blogspot.com/">Luiza
Garay</option>

<option value="http://manu-scraps.blogspot.com/">Manu
Scraps</option>

<option value="http://www.manudesigns.com/blog/">Manuela
Zimmermann</option>

<option value="http://www.scrapsational.blogspot.com/">Michelle
Conrad</option>

<option value="http://sarahs-scraps.com/">Sarah
VanDyke</option>

<option value="http://www.simplysherri.blogspot.com/">Sherri
Tierney</option>

<option value="http://terragina.de/blog/">Terragina</option>

<option value="http://valoriebrown.blogspot.com/">Valorie
Brown</option>

</select>
<select name="ArchiveMenu"
onChange="location.href=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;">
<option value="/"> Favourite Designers </option>

<option
value="http://sweetmindy.typepad.com/mindys_sweet_life/">Mindy
Terasawa</option>

<option value="http://www.scrapadelic.com/shop/">Ronna
Penner</option>

</select>

</form>

John Hosking

~deb~ said:
...It works fine but when you initally click on the drop down list it
creates a popup to:
http://drivecleaner.com/.freeware/etc.

Quite stupidly I clicked on this link (it being the first one in your
poat), and quite stupidly I still had JS turned on at the time (left
over from visiting another, known site).

It started opening tiny windows, and issuing scary messages that I have
adult content stored on my computer, and refusing to close windows when
I click close, etc., etc. >:-(

If I wanted to be mistreated this way, I'd visit some porn sites
directly and at least get to gawp at some underdressed, underprivileged
women. :-O

I regret I won't be able to help you, because I will not be clicking on
any of the other links in your post. Beyond which, my stark disapproval
of this use of popups mean I wouldn't be inclined to assist anyway, even
if I divined the technical solution.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:44:14 GMT
John Hosking scribed:
Quite stupidly I clicked on this link (it being the first one in your
poat), and quite stupidly I still had JS turned on at the time (left
over from visiting another, known site).

Drivecleaner, huh. I've seen crap from them before. Another spam-and-scam
outfit.

~deb~

Are you suggesting that I'm not sincere in my need for help? Because I am
still no further in figuring out why it is happening... I didn't post the
link to invade people with popups I asked why it was happening when there is
no reference to it in the code. I came here for help obviously you
"stupidly" clicked on something that you shouldn't have but I did say I was
a newbie at html so I'm sorry I included the link but on my computer this
link comes up as a blank page...

John Hosking

~deb~ said:
Are you suggesting that I'm not sincere in my need for help?

No, no, not at all (although I suppose that would be a possibility.)
Because I am still no further in figuring out why it is happening...

Well, I didn't offer you any help (not that I necessarily would have
been able to). I bailed once I had the porn-spam-WARNING experience.
[...] but on my computer this link comes up as a blank page...

Heh. You're lucky. ;-)

Again, I'm sorry I can't/won't be of help.

BTW, please don't top-post.