POPUPS

Michael Turner

Hi Guys

I need some help, I dont do much ASP.NET (I know VB.net/ASP well so I'm not
a totaly new to this)work so I need some advice.

I have a main page and I need to have a nother page appear as a popup when
they click on an item in a datagrid I need it to fire the information back
to the main page.

Can anyone offer Advice/methods to use or know of a tutorial I can use?
Everything I have seen searching doesn't seem to do what I want.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike.

Kevin Spencer

If you use the JavaScript window.open() method to create a popup, it returns
a handle to the window that it creates. The child window can also access the
parent via the window.parent object. You can use this with JavaScript to
have the windows send data back and forth on the client. Note, however, that
if the parent window refreshes, the handle to the child window is lost.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer